For a downloadable PDF click here.
Faith Presbyterian Church
July 16, 2018
Faith Presbyterian Church
625 Florin Road
Sacramento, California 95831
Faith Presbyterian Church is searching for a part-time Nursery Coordinator. Our church nursery strives to love every child as Jesus Christ taught; to partner with parents to teach Bible basics; and to create a secure and safe environment were infants and toddlers develop trust and love for God.
We are looking for a Nursery Coordinator who loves little children, listens well to parents, is filled with praise and wonder for God, and is organized and dependable. Please refer to the Nursery Coordinator Position Description below for a detailed explanation of the responsibilities for this position.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to: Faith Presbyterian Church/ Attn: Nursery Coordinator Search Team/ 625 Florin Road, Sacramento, California 95831. Or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Faith Presbyterian Church Position Description
Title – Nursery Coordinator
Purpose – To work in conjunction with the Director of Family and Children’s Ministry and team to oversee a nursery ministry that fosters a secure and safe environment for babies and toddlers to develop a trust and love for God.
Accountability – The Nursery Coordinator is accountable to the Director of Family and Children’s Ministry and to the Session through the Personnel Ministry Team.
Responsibilities – The Nursery Coordinator is generally expected to be available 5 hours on Sunday mornings and to spend at least 3 hours during the week preparing for Sunday morning and offering nursery and childcare support for other Faith ministries.
- Creatively and thoughtfully implement the Sunday morning program to include the weekly Bible lesson, stories, music, and movement and activities that help kids grow in faith.
- Continually refresh the children’s materials on the shelves to correspond with the Sunday lessons.
- Replenish the nursery supplies as needed (e.g. wipes, diapers, cleaning supplies, etc.).
- Ensure that the nursery room is kept orderly and sanitized.
- Recruit, train and supervise childcare staff and volunteers, and make hiring recommendations to the Director of Family and Children’s Ministry.
- Evaluate childcare staff annually.
- Maintain certification in First Aid and infant CPR for all childcare staff.
- Verify and turn in childcare staff time cards to church secretary bi monthly (on the 10 and 25 day of each month).
- Coordinate and develop schedules to ensure there is sufficient staffing to care for the children. (Please see Faith’s Nursery Policies and Procedures)
- Ensure there is annual training in Child Abuse Prevention and Faith’s Safe Church Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure nursery staff is wearing proper identification while serving in the nursery.
- Develop relationships with parents in order to partner with them as they lead their children to know Christ.
- Receive new families to the nursery with compassion and offer an introduction to the nursery registration process and sign-in/out policies. Follow up through the mail with welcoming, easy to read, and clearly communicated nursery goals, key policies, procedures, and general care items.
- Ensure nursery and childcare is staffed for Faith ministry events (including Adult Classes, Life Groups, Fall Retreat, Winter Retreat) as such events are approved by the Director of Family & Children’s Ministry.
- Pray for the childcare staff, volunteers, and the children.
- Support Faith’s Nursery vision and purpose as set forth by the Family and Children’s Ministry team.
- Have a working awareness of Faith’s Family and Children Ministry’s goals and purpose.
- Set goals annually in coordination with the Director of Family and Children’s Ministry.
- Attend Family and Children’s Ministry team meetings quarterly.
- Plan and implement Nursery Program for annual All-Church Retreat and Winter Retreat.
- Plan and implement Primary Program for 3-5 year olds for Vacation Bible School in coordination with the Director of Family & Children’s Ministry.
- The Director of Family and Children’s Ministry provides day-to-day supervision for the Nursery Coordinator and provides regular job performance feedback.
- The Nursery Coordinator acts in the role of direct supervisor for all Nursery staff members.
- The Nursery Coordinator participates regularly as a part of the Family and Children’s Ministry Team.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attributes –
- Full commitment as a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to working as part of a team to accomplish the goals for ministry as envisioned by Session and directed by the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff.
- Ability to be flexible and creative in programming and planning.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Dependable and friendly, having a natural love for children.
- Be a self-starter, with independent drive and self-discipline, being led by the Holy Spirit.
- Be a leader, able to clearly set the vision for the nursery ministry and equip others to carry out that vision according to their own gifts, passion, and abilities.
- Ability to take direction and follow through with commitments.
- Commitment to maintaining integrity between ministry and personal lifestyle.
- Willingness to model kindness, compassion, and concern when interacting with children, parents and fellow team members.
- Early Childhood Education course work or specialized training and experience with infants and toddlers desired.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
Review and Evaluation – The Session and the Director of Family and Children’s Ministry will conduct an annual review and evaluation of this position before any changes in job description or compensation are made.