Mission Statement: Family Promise of Sacramento helps homeless families achieve self-sufficiency and regain a home for themselves and their children through an interfaith hospitality network of diverse faith communities. A family consists of at least one child and one adult held together by bonds of love and commitment where the adult(s) have the responsibility for the care and nurture of the children.
About Family Promise of Sacramento
Family Promise is a 24 hour/7 days a week program immersing homeless families into a loving, non-proselytizing, interfaith community, committed to providing the support that will enable the families to overcome their homelessness and become self-sufficient. With the assistance of more than 1000 volunteers in 16 host congregations and 9 support congregations in Sacramento, Family Promise makes a difference in the lives of homeless families.
- All of our guests receive overnight shelter, healthy meals and snacks, laundry and shower facilities, and access to computers and the internet, with the assistance of our case manager.
- All of the children and their guardians are not socially isolated as a result from being homeless. Families are sheltered in one of 16 congregations. Many of our adults who find work do so through contacts made at the congregations.
- All adults receive one-on-one case management helping to identify and accept the root causes of homelessness and develop a plan to find housing and be economically self-sustaining.
- All children are provided a safe “home” and are enrolled in school.
- All adults are encouraged to enroll in educational programs such as Women’s Empowerment, parenting and literacy classes, GED/High School Diploma programs, post-secondary education programs, and vocational training programs.
- All of our families receive medical health care evaluations during their course of stay in the program
- All of our children receive, as needed, emergency in-kind assistance, such as shoes and a coat for a child going to school in the winter.
- All of our families that graduate from the program are in transitional or permanent housing when they leave Family Promise.
For more information about Family Promise Sacramento visit their website at http://sacfamilypromise.org/
Faith Church hosts families for a week Sunday-Saturdays several times a year and encourage you to sign up to volunteer.
For more information contact Janeil Hogue: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Kerrilee Blunt: email@example.com